Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Victories

My favorite time of day is when I put Lucian to bed. I love the routine of it all. The bath, the books, the I love yous, and the quiet time for me afterward.

But I admit that the real reason I love when Lucian goes to bed is that I know he is at home, asleep under my roof (okay, it's my parents' roof) and I've had another day where he's been safe, watched over and loved.

Right now, I feel that everyday is a victory. It's become my mantra. I repeat it over and over. Everyday's a victory. Everyday's a victory.

When Lucian was about three months old and the divorce was filed, and I found out more about Nemo's secret life, I'd put Lucian to bed at night and just watch him sleep and think - what will happen to this sweet little boy? So each completed day became a victory to me.

In my darker hours, a lot of days have not felt victorious. I may not win every battle, but Lucian's childhood is at stake so I will win the war.

No comments: