Friday, April 28, 2006

Dating

My divorce has been final about six months. Nemo met Elvira the month I conceived Lucian, which was over two years ago. At what point do I start dating again?

It seems a strange question to me. I've known Nemo most of my adult life. I can't imagine returning to the dating scene. Especially the non-bar dating scene.

I have alot of baggage (or at least what a potential date would probably see as baggage): I'm a diabetic with a young son, no job, no car, living with my parents, and a time consuming, burdensome parenting time relationship with my ex-husband and his family. Please don't all you wonderful eligible men out there all call me at once now!!

At the same time, I'd like to believe that I'm still datable. I'm funny, charming, educated, a good partner, mother, daughter and friend, I'm respectable, reliable, dependable, frugal, non-judgmental, and tolerant. Basically, I'm the girl next door.

But this isn't my dating ad. Just a question about getting on with my life. However do I start dating again? And however do I not start dating again?

No comments: