Sunday, April 23, 2006

Truth

This is one of my favorite quotes, it's from Galileo:

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them."

I first heard it watching Baby Einstein. Lucian has all the videos, and I like to rotate through them. Baby Galileo happens to be one of our favorites. At the beginning, Julie Clark herself recites the line.

The first time I heard it, I liked the way the words flowed. It grew on me fast after that. Now (after the bizillionth time), I relate to it.

I've realized during the past two years just how important truth is in life. It's what makes your life authentic. Through truth you build trust. My marriage collapsed because it wasn't authentic. It was confusing to me for so long that the problem was its authenticity. But it's like that saying - the truth will set you free. It really does. Once you've discovered what the truth is, you can get on with things.

Even if it takes you awhile.

No comments: