Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Swimming

I've picked up a nasty cold. Lucian has too. So we're both crabby today. We had plans to go swimming at a friend's pool, but I had to cancel because I didn't want her baby to get sick because of us. I was really looking forward to it too.

I recently purchased my first bathing suit in probably five years. I'm extremely modest, and a bit on the heavy side (especially around my middle) which is why I've been avoiding pools, beaches, and summer activities in general for a long time. (I'm also afraid of the water so that doesn't help either.)

Two years ago I got my current pump, the Cozmo. The main reason I chose it was because it was waterproof. How much sense does that make?

Anyway, I found this great bathing suit at lands end. I was hesitant about ordering it because I'm not one to buy clothing without trying it on. I'm so un-proportionate now that I can't take anything for granted.

Amazingly, this bathing suit was designed for my body. The best thing about it, is that it has a little pocket inside and my pump fits in perfectly! I can now go swimming and wear my pump the whole time and there's no way it will come out of the pocket. Plus, it covers up all the body parts I want covered.

Swimming doesn't get any better than that.

3 comments:

Nicole P said...

Please send a link to that suit!

I read your blog pretty much everyday - I'm glad you're telling your story!

Anonymous said...

Please reply in your comment section with the bathing suit info.
I just found you via Six Until Me and I am hooked.

stella said...

This is the bathing suit:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_65582_66095_42751_31826_5:view=593,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_66094&sid=2517146326932145070

You might have to cut and paste to get it to work.

Thanks Nicole and anon for reading!

-Stella