Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Circle of life

At the hospital where both Lucian and I were born, my grandmother will draw her final breath in the next few days. The same hospital where I received my diabetes diagnosis, our infertility diagnosis, and where Lucian was conceived. Life and death, and everything in between all in one building.

My grandmother's kidneys are failing. In addition to the breast cancer that metathesized in her liver, it has now spread to her bones. Her body is shutting down. There is nothing that medical science can do for her now, besides make her more comfortable in her final days.

For her sake, I pray that my grandmother's suffering comes to an end soon.

3 comments:

art-sweet said...

I'm so sorry to read this Stella.

I hope her end is swift, peaceful, and dignified.

My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you at this hard time, and I hope her suffering ends soon... x

Mina Wolf said...

I'm sorry, I hope it's as painless as possible for her.