Friday, October 27, 2006

This moment

I had a conversation with my brother this morning. I'm not able to talk to him as much as I'd like, because he works all the time. Like twelve hour days.

Anyway, during this somewhat rare conversation we had, he said something to me that I've been thinking a lot about. He said - I want to try and live in the present, make peace with my past, and stop worrying about the future. That's true happiness. (this is not a direct quote, by the way)

I wish I could learn that this is the moment I need to be happy in.

I have plenty of happy moments. Most of them involve Lucian. But the rest of the time, I'm not. Even though I realize that I'm in a better place than I was last year, the year before, or even where I was during the facade that was my marriage. Even though I'm thankful for everything I do have: the baby I dreamed of, a supportive family, a roof over my head, I'm not happy now.

I've always been a glass is half full kind of person. I don't feel like that same person anymore. I realize that I'm in a transition, which is necessary to become the person I'm going to be. Like the caterpillar becoming the butterfly. I need to experience all this. Even though it's so hard. I wish I could wrap up in my cocoon until the butterfly in me comes out.

1 comment:

Rachel Inbar said...

When I was going through my divorce, my brother reminded me that you only live once, so you'd better get it right.

Sorry about your sociopath ex... I just tuned in now, but read quite a bit. Doesn't sound fun. I finally left my ex after way too many years (13, to be exact) and found myself a happy single mom of 3 (all from IVF). I had done all the mourning of the marriage beforehand, so the divorce was purely a relief.

I remarried an amazing guy and we quickly had 2 children (a year apart). It is amazing what a REAL marriage is like... Anyway, just wanted to give you some hope :-) There are great people out there, you just have to be lucky enough to meet them :-)