Friday, January 26, 2007

Tear-down and reconstruct

I have a sinus infection. After just having bronchitis a month ago too. I'm sick of being sick. Luckily Lucian has only had colds that disappear so I can't complain about my body turning them into full blown infections. The doctor wanted to give me a steroid in addition to the antibiotics, but I wouldn't take it. I'd rather deal with the headache, coughing and drainage than 300+ blood sugars.

We've done some construction to my bedroom in the basement. (okay, not me... we had someone do it) Which meant that I had to box up everything, move it to another area, try to live without certain things for the duration (like the internet) or dig through boxes, wait, and finally try and put it all back. My only complaint is that this has been done the week that I'm not feeling well. I'm really excited that not only is my room better, it's also cleaner and more organized than it previously was. Spring cleaning a couple months early if you will. I slept in my own bed last night. Heaven.

I've had some issues that I've been dealing with lately, things that happened in the past that I'm trying to deal with. Nemo has been a whole lot like his old pre-drug, pre-stripper, pre-Lucian self. I have a really hard time trying to reconcile those two people into one. I know that no one is all bad or all good, we're somewhere on the spectrum between the two ends. It's just hard to figure out where Nemo should go. I look at him and the good and the bad both come rushing at me. I want to remember the good, but it's painful. I want to forget the bad, because it is painful. But I also don't want to forget, because, well, it happened and I don't want it erased.

No comments: