Thursday, April 20, 2006

Light

I named him Lucian because it means "light," and he's the light of my life.

If he wasn't here, things would be alot different. I wouldn't have to deal with Nemo anymore or his family. That's the bad side. I also wouldn't have this amazing child in my life. And I'd pay any price to have him in my life.

Lucian helps me put everything into perspective. When I have tough days, all I have to do is look at him and I realize what my priorities are and what I'm fighting for. I want him to have a normal life. I won't have him having a mother who's depressed, angry, or inadequate. So I try and be the best I possibly can. I try and give him my all during the times we spend together. I save my emotions for when he's not around.

This story is about me and the things that have happened to me. Which includes Lucian, he's the part of the story that's good. There are events have taken place because of, or in spite of him, but I don't regret a single thing.

My life goal is to make sure that Lucian has a good life. I want him to be the best he can be. But more importantly I want him to learn things like - there are consequences for your actions, life has disappointments but the suffering makes the joy even better, and having it all has nothing to do with money or possessions.

I think it's going to be challenging to raise a boy to be a strong, caring, independent, respectful man. But I believe it can be done. And I believe that my son is worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are a wonderful mother and your son will be proud of your strength and courage!