Monday, May 08, 2006

The Blame

Last year on Oprah, she had couples on the show who had dealt with infertility in their marriages. I identified with the feelings the wives had, except for one. All of the wives were extremely angry at the mistresses. All of them had taken their husbands back and had placed the blame elsewhere.

What I'd like to know is, who should take the responsibility for an affair?

For me, I placed all blame on Nemo. Not that I'm exactly thrilled with Elvira either. But she never made a commitment to me, he did.

The story goes like this. (and I'm not sure how much of this is truth, because it came from two known liars) Nemo goes out to the bar sometime during the month of March 2004, takes his wedding ring off, meets Elvira and tells her that he's in the middle of getting a divorce and lives alone. Both Nemo and Elvira told me this same version.

I'm not saying that she has no blame. At some point, she learned of me, of my pregnancy, and of the fact that we were not in the middle of a divorce. Yet she decided to continue the relationship. Me, I couldn't do that to another woman. So I do blame her also.

But he's the one who pledged his fidelity to me in front of God, our family and friends. Then took his wedding ring off and denied my existence.

No comments: