Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The beginning

I met Nemo through mutual friends. It was the night before my birthday, and we went to a bar. I don't remember much specifically about the evening, besides the fact that he was there, and so was I. I don't think I even talked to him much. I remember spending a lot of time on the dance floor and having a good time with my friends.

Nemo and the friend he had come with left before I did, and I walked them out to their car. I said to Nemo - nice to meet you, and went in and finished having a fun evening.

The next day was my birthday. I was a little depressed about it. I'm not sure why, as I wasn't feeling old (that's only been happening rather recently) and I had a nice day planned with my family.

In the afternoon, my phone rang. It was Nemo wishing me a happy birthday. I didn't recognize his voice, nor was I able to guess who he was until he told me - remember you met me last night? I felt really bad.

We didn't talk for long. But I remember hanging up and thinking how nice it was of him. There were others who hadn't remembered my birthday, and he did.

I'm probably going to be saying it a lot, but I miss that guy. The one who called just to wish me a happy birthday.

No comments: