Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Anything to save a buck

There is no end to my talents.

I've always been frugal. I won't call myself cheap, because I think that the word implies a certain lack of manners. And I'm never cheap with my friends and family. I've been told that I always buy the best gifts.

However, I hate to pay full price for an item when I can get it on sale. I shop around and learn prices. I love to buy in bulk to save money. I'll try a store brand of just about anything, and if it's equal or better to the name brand, I buy that.

My current financial situation doesn't allow me to buy many extras. I will treat myself to books on occasion, and I have bought myself a few summer things, but for the most part, I really only buy the necessities.

The one thing that I never thought I'd ever do is skimp on haircuts. I've found though, that Lucian won't sit still for a haircut. I've taken him to the barber with my Dad, only to shell out $15 for a cut that I've had to even out at home.

So I invested in a haircutting kit. I've now used it twice on Lucian. I watched the DVD but I was still nervous the first time. Needless to say, the two haircuts were back to back because I didn't cut it short enough the first time.

He still squirms around and cries, but at least I can get the job done while he's a hostage in his highchair. If I do say so myself, I think I did a pretty good job.

And the best part is that I only paid $24.99 for the kit - it's already paid for itself.

Haircut, anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog while looking for DI info. I'm sorry Nemo was/is a cad. But your boy sounds like a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Yes, please! (See my "Bravery" post) :)