Friday, October 06, 2006

Rejection with a glimmer of hope

I finally heard about the job that I interviewed for back in August.

I didn't get it.

No surprise there, really. I had already pretty much decided that it wasn't the ideal job for me. To be honest, I was a little relieved that I didn't have to turn down a job offer. (I'm not in the position to be turning any down job offer at this point, so really, it's a relief.)

The letter I received was the nicest rejection letter ever. The good news about the whole thing is that they really liked me (the word impressed was even used!), and if I weren't so overqualified (what?) they would have offered me the job. They'd like to keep me in mind for other positions that they're hiring for in the next few months. Because this is a small company and I have a very close friend working there, I'm believing this as fact.

The timing is good too. I'm feeling more ready to go back to work by the day. (Not that I want to, but I'm dealing with it) At some point, I may even be READY! I feel like one day I might even be excited about it.

I've been trying to have faith that my life will work out the way it's supposed to. That faith that I should have had while I was waiting for Lucian to enter my life.

Even with all the other things I'm dealing with (and I'll be the first to admit that a lot of it is my own mental state), I'm way more hopeful than I ever was.

And just in case you're wondering about Nemo's flesh eating disease, I'll have an update this weekend. I'm trying not to let him spoil my good mood today.

2 comments:

George said...

I love how you always find the silver lining in situations!

The right job will come when the time is right.

I don't think I have ever had a nice rejection so I am a little jealous. LOL

stella said...

Hi George,

Your comment meant alot to me.

Thanks for saying it.

-Stella