Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Trying to discover the truth

My therapist thinks that I should contact the police about Nemo. I've decided not to, because I have no proof of any illegal activity, and also, I'm afraid of his retaliation.

I need to back the train up a bit. Nemo admitted to me back in November, 2004 that he had used cocaine. He later told me different versions: 1. he never said that, 2. he said it but meant that he only used it once. I have chosen to believe his original confession. Why else would he have admitted it to me?

There's a few other reasons I believe that Nemo was/is using drugs. I've compiled a big list, but for the sake of brevity here, I'll just say that in addition to all of his weird behavior, Nemo stole a lot of money from us, and others that I trust told me that Elvira is a known drug user.

So I'm sure that you're wondering why I might be considering doing something about this now. I saw a few of my old neighbors recently. They started to tell me some things about what's happening at my old house. For the most part, they said, it's been pretty quiet, but there have been people coming and going at strange hours. And someone else is living there in addition to Nemo, Elvira, and her daughter. In addition, Nemo recently sent me a few pictures of Lucian and him. Nemo's eyes are dilated in the photos - something is obviously wrong with him. It's quite scary.

My therapist suggested that I call the police and have them check out the house. We lived in a nice area, where the cops aren't overworked with crime, so I'm sure they'd take me seriously. My fear is that they would find nothing, Nemo would find out that it was me who called, and then in addition to being mad, he'd have ammunition that would make him look good, and be mad enough to try to hurt Lucian and me in some way.

I really believe that something shady is still going on with Nemo. I've felt it since the beginning of my pregnancy two years ago. I wish I knew exactly what it was, so I could take the steps necessary to protect Lucian from it. If only I knew what I was up against.

In the meantime, I'm praying that Nemo gently removes himself out of our lives. It would make it a whole lot easier on me.

No comments: