Friday, June 30, 2006

Vacation

Nemo e-mailed me to say that he was going on vacation and that he'd see us next week.

The first thing I did was get up and do a celebratory dance. And then I told my Mom, who also joined in the celebration of having a week to ourselves. A week with Lucian going to bed on time! (I'm so happy with the small things...)

Then I e-mailed Nemo back. I asked him where he was going. And to thank him for letting me know because so many other times he just disappeared and left me hanging.

He replied to me and said that he was going to his parents' cottage. He wanted to go to Las Vegas but he couldn't find anyone to go with him. And, get this, did I want to go? It's unbelievable, that's what it is. Of course I'm not taking the offer seriously, but it's so bizarre because for such a long time I couldn't get him to go anywhere with me. And now he's joking about going on a trip?

My therapist said that his offer was inappropriate. He's crossed the boundaries that I've set up. I couldn't help but feel a little more powerful though. I'd rather have him joking around with me than fighting me.

I'll be celebrating not only America's independence this weekend, but my own.

No comments: