Friday, August 11, 2006

What a surprise! Nemo's cheating on the str*ipper

Just when I've started to make some peace with my situation, I find out things that I don't want to know.

I found out last night, that in addition to Elvira, Nemo is in deep contact with an ex-girlfriend. I knew of her existence all through my marriage, because from time to time, Nemo would tell me an update about her. I always felt he was honest, and I'd guess that he spoke with her about 3-4 times a year.

This ex-girlfriend was a high school girlfriend. She's married, and has a child. I believe that she is living with her husband at her mother's house. The mother has never liked Nemo.

Anyway, last night I found out that he has been "sneaking into her house" because her husband works nights. Apparently, he's going to be working the day shift for two weeks, and she's not happy about it. Ex-gf told Nemo that she hadn't called him the day before because she knew that he was with "the ball and chain" (not me! hooray!) Nemo told ex-gf that he loved her, repeatedly.

The whole thing makes me ill. I know that I was looking for this information, it didn't come find me, so what do I expect? Still, I guess in my naivete, I thought that he was happily settled with the str*ipper. It still upsets me to think he's out prowling around. Not for me, but for Lucian.

I've thought of all the things I could do: contact Elvira, contact ex-gf's husband, etc etc. I'm not that person who does that stuff though. Which leaves me with dealing with it on my own. I wish I was someone who could pull off some mean revenge type stuff.

My Mom thinks that this is all great. Because now I have additional information on him. He has a new ball and chain. That it just reinforces that it was never about me, it's about him. Also, chances are, with his current lifestyle, he wouldn't want to have an overnight with Lucian.

Still, the feeling in the pit of my stomach just won't go away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same initial thought as your mother... "wow, this guys is at it again."

We all knew it was about him, not you, but this behavior certainly reinforces that belief.

Anonymous said...

Me too- this guy is unbelievable; he seriously has some issues happening...... and it certainly has never been about you....

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to be done with this jerk.

I believe that through God's grace he will help you through this painful ordeal.

I imagine you are getting stronger every day.