Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I can't believe a word he says

I'm exhausted. I really have no time to blog, but I couldn't stay away. So I'm going to try and make this short and sweet, as I have to get up early tomorrow morning for our big trip.

Tonight was the night that Lucian and I met Nemo at the zoo for the concert. All in all, it was a very positive experience. There ended up being a group of about fifteen of us. I think Lucian was scared of the crowd. But once it thinned out a bit towards the end, he danced his heart out.

Nemo spent some time talking to me. He expressed sadness about my friend going through the divorce. He even told Arista's husband that he would do it a lot differently if given another chance (however, he had about 100 chances and blew them all).

Arista pulled me aside before we left. She said - it seems like Nemo is acting human and making an effort. We discussed whether or not it was all for show, but still were happy of the outcome either way.

Then something happened that soured my whole evening.

I decided to use the bathroom before we left. At the same time, Nemo took Lucian in search of something for Nemo to drink. Afterward, I met him where he had already rejoined the others. He was drinking a bottled water, and I asked him - oh so you did find a vending machine? Which he then says to me - no, I ran into ex-girlfriend who gave it to me.

What a coincidence! He must think that I am dumber than I look. However, I found out about his sleazing around with her in a sneaky way, so I can't come out and admit I know anything.

Nemo claimed that he didn't know she was coming. And oddly enough, he left his phone in the car, so if they had planned to meet, they must not have been specific, since I was the one who chose our concert viewing location.

Arista, who already knew about ex-girlfriend, said to me - just when I was thinking things were going well. She has now experienced the same feeling I used to get when things Nemo did just didn't add up right.

The thing is, I don't really care who he is with these days. I mean, I care for Lucian's sake, but what really irks me is the lying. And it scares me just how much I used to believe.

I can't let my guard down for a minute with him.

See you next week...

No comments: