Thursday, September 14, 2006

Odds and ends

Lots of stuff going on in my life right now, so I'm going to try and give updates on a few topics.

1. Nemo
Nemo continues to surprise me. I can never seem to figure out what comes next with him. Last week, he missed a parenting time night, and then I didn't hear from him all weekend. Then on Monday, he ended up meeting my Mom, Lucian and I for dinner with the #1 engine. He didn't give me notice that he was coming, but I had previously invited him. We had a nice evening, and later e-mailed me to tell me that he had fun, and he had missed my Mom. (!!!???) He sees my Mom every time we drop Lucian off, and never even greets her.

Then, just this morning, I get an e-mail from Nemo giving me his 24 hour parenting time notice, and he tells me - by the way, you looked nice in that shirt you were wearing last night. Um, was that a compliment? He repulses me so much that it creeps me out. He's probably just trying to set me on edge.

I also found out that he gave his ex-gf (not Elvira) the ability to see some photos on-line that I had taken of Lucian at our train dinner. I removed them, because I don't like knowing that the shady people he hangs out with are looking at photos of my kid. I'm sure it's an over-reaction on my part. If he had asked me, I probably would have just said yes. If anyone knows of a good photo sharing web based program that you can limit people's rights, I'd love to know about it.

2. My grandma
I went with my Mom to visit GM this morning. She doesn't look good, and it's difficult to have a conversation with her, but my Mom said that she looked better than yesterday. They are running all sorts of tests on her to try and figure out what else is wrong with her in addition to the cancer. In my opinion, I think they should spend the time, money and effort just trying to make her comfortable because there's not really much they can do for her anyway.

3. The job hunt
I've started taking the job search a little more seriously. No luck yet, but I have sent a few resumes out. And right now, that's a big deal for me. I applied for a job that's so close to home that I could walk. It's literally at the end of my street. I think it would be a good opportunity, something I could feasibly do, good benefits, good hours, and did I mention that it's close to home? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime I've been selling some stuff on eb*ay, which is helping me have some extra spending money.

4. Nemo's brother
A few weeks ago, I was disappointed that Nemo wasn't leaving the state. Well as luck would have it, his brother has been offered a job, and he will be leaving the state. This means lots of trips for Nemo's family to take! And even though I've lost respect for his brother, I'm happy for him too. It's a win-win for everyone!

5. Lucian goes to school
My sister is a teacher and I took Lucian to her classroom for a visit. The kids were so excited, and so was he. I was so proud of my sister - she was authoritative and kind, fun and stern. I enjoyed seeing her in action and seeing how the students reacted to her.

6. My insulin pump
I chose the Deltec Cozmo for a few reasons, one of them being I liked the clip and how it could be rotated like a cell phone. Then, my clip broke. They sent me a new one. That one broke too, and when I got the replacement, I got a leather case. It's nicer than the clip, but I don't like it. I liked the old plastic clip where I didn't have to open the case all the time. I've been dealing with the leather case for awhile now, but when I called to reorder more supplies, I asked them if I could get one of the old clips. They no longer have the old clips, so I ordered this one, which if you ask me, seems really similar to the old clip except this one costs $19.99.

I'm off for now to do some more job searching!

No comments: