Sunday, December 17, 2006

Confused, but not obsessing

I got an e-mail from Nemo this weekend. He said that he had found the perfect Christmas gift for my Dad, gave me a website, and then said that he would have liked to buy it for him but that it was awkward. But he'd give me money to buy it for him.

I'm softening to Nemo. I don't mean that in a I'd-like-to-get-back-together-with-him way. Never. I mean it in a I-hate-him-a-tiny-bit-less way.

It was such a strange e-mail because he has made obvious his lack of funds, and yet he offers me money to buy a gift for my Dad? Mostly it was strange because he took the time. Two years ago I could barely get him to show up for the birth of Lucian, yet now he's sending me e-mails about gifts I should buy.

I'd like to think the best but what I really feel is that it's staged. I think Nemo has very little going on his life at the current moment. With his brother out of state, one of his party buddies, just became a father, another (#3 on that list in the link) is getting remarried soon, and even though I can't seem to find what Elvira is up to these days without asking directly, I think she's out of the picture, so I think he's bored.

Luckily, thanks to my new medications, I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about it. But I don't think I'll ever be convinced that there's not an ulterior motive in anything he does again.

1 comment:

x said...

You are smart to realize his motivations. It does sound like he's a little bored and lonley. Hopefully that lasts for while because it sounds like he's easier to deal with in that state.