Friday, July 21, 2006

Worrying, why I do it

My therapist gave me something to think about this week. She thinks that maybe all my obsessing, worrying and anxiety is because if I don't go through all the motions of thinking about the Lucian/Nemo situation, then that means that I'm okay with it, that I've accepted it. The worrying is almost a ritual for me.

And while I've accepted the situation as it is for now, I don't like it. In my head I live in the future. I try to think up all the possible scenarios, and all the possible solutions. The problem is, I'm not moving forward myself. I'm stuck, obsessing about the future and getting on with my life. I want the broken record in my head to stop.

I'm hoping that by this realization, I'll be able to relax my obsessive worrying a bit. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do that, but I think I've figured out what the payoff is in my worrying.

Baby steps, I guess. That's all I'm capable of for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Worrying can definitley become habitual.

I have found that I start focusing on the future and obsessing about planning things when I'm mentally bored.

Maybe you need some stimulation or focus that will lead you to that future you imagine. Just a thought :)